How does this work and why is this different to other schemes?
Some schemes dictate to schools and colleges what they should do to become inclusive, but we believe all schools and colleges are different, and, with a bit of support, you are best placed to identify the areas you are good at and the areas you need support to improve on. We have designed this scheme around you. The membership price includes the key elements to start you on your journey, then we help you identify what other services your school will need to achieve LGBT+ inclusion.
First year membership £495 (plus VAT where applicable)*
What this buys you from your Rainbow Flag Award delivery organisation:
- A Rainbow Flag Award “Welcome Pack”, containing a Rainbow Flag Award Handbook, detailed information of the training, services, resources and products available from your Rainbow Flag Award delivery organisation, a “Guide to Creating LGBT+ Inclusive Policies”**, as well as some other starter resources and posters.
- Two places on “Including LGBT+ Pupils and Challenging LGBTphobic Bullying in Schools” training course – primary and secondary/college versions available.
- 20% off the cost of all further training, services, resources and products, if needed.
- Access to three assessment processes throughout the membership year, from which you will receive in an in depth review of submitted evidence for each Rainbow Flag Award section, with suggestions for further improvements.
- Some ongoing support via telephone and/or email.
To apply to become Rainbow Flag Award school or college, please contact us here.
Download information here:
*Delivery organisations undertaking the Rainbow Flag Award with their first cohort of schools maybe able to offer an introductory rate of £395 + VAT (if applicable)
**Written by former Ofsted HMI Janet Palmer